Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Review: Maisie Dobbs by Jacqueline Winspear

Maisie Dobbs Maisie Dobbs by Jacqueline Winspear


My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Jokes on me! After my critical review of Among the Mad, I read this first book in the Maisie Dobbs series and loved it. I liked seeing Maisie as a young adult and see what she went through and why she is the way she is now.

I liked the way that this book switched back between present day when Maisie is setting up her business and the past when she was a young girl first starting to work for Lady Compton, then going to school and being trained by Maurice Blanche.

Definitely excited to read the rest of these novels . . . in order!

View all my reviews >>

2 comments:

Tricia said...

I'm glad you liked this one better. I was sad you didn't like Among the Mad.

Tricia said...

I'm glad you liked this better. I was sad you didn't like Among the Mad.