Monday, July 12, 2010

Review: The Patron Saint of Liars by Ann Patchett

The Patron Saint of LiarsThe Patron Saint of Liars by Ann Patchett

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


Rose, a mysterious young woman comes to St. Elizabeth's, a home for unwed mothers. She is pregnant, but not unwed. As her time comes nearer, she doesn't know if she wants to give up her baby. She ends up staying much longer than she ever planned.

Wow, this book was kind of like driving through a bunch of rolling hills, not much happens, just a lot of introspection. It was ok. I liked how the book was told from three different people's perspectives. The book was sad and I'm not really that excited about anything I read.

View all my reviews >>

1 comment:

Gerbera Daisy Diaries said...

I gave up on Ann Patchett after Bel Canto -- just couldn't finish that book.