Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Among the Mad (Maisie Dobbs, #6) Among the Mad by Jacqueline Winspear

My rating: 3 of 5 stars I really think the description on the dust jacket of this book was the best part of it. Maisie is so persnickety in this one! And I have a problem with her giving advice about life to people in her life about their children when she hasn't had children of her own yet. So, she is a bit of a know-it-all and sometimes it grated on my nerves. The plot of this one was a bit dull and depressing; too much talk of the downtrodden former soldiers who are barely scraping by with no dignity or hope yet. That said, I read the whole thing and have also realized that this is a series that is probably best read in order, not just randomly as I have been doing. So maybe I am the know-it-all who is reviewing this book without having all the backstory to make an informed critique! View all my reviews >>

No comments: