Sunday, May 23, 2010

Review: House Rules by Jodi Picoult

House Rules House Rules by Jodi Picoult


My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Jacob is eighteen-years-old, diagnosed with Asperger's Syndrome and on trial for murder. His extreme obsession with forensic science may have gone too far this time when he is somehow entangled with the murder of his social skills tutor, Jess.

Typical Picoult. The trial; the family struggling just to make ends meet who has to figure out how to pay for a lawyer; the neglected sibling who has problems of his own that no one seems to notice, etc. As usual, the author has done excellent research and I enjoyed learning more about Asperger's Syndrome. She also had the story told from different points of view of the characters and I really like seeing the story like that. However, my major problem with this one is that I had the ending figured out about 1/3 of the way through. Usually in her novels you think that you have the ending figured out but she comes up with a really neat twist at the end. She didn't in this one and it was a real disappointment for me.

View all my reviews >>

No comments: