Sunday, May 23, 2010

Review: Lady of Quality by Georgette Heyer

Lady of Quality Lady of Quality by Georgette Heyer


My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Another fun Georgette Heyer read. Annis Wychwood is an independent, wealthy nearly spinster of twenty-eight years old. She is on her way to Bath when she meets a young orphan and heiress who is running away from home and an arranged marriage to her best friend. Annis takes Lucilla under her wing and helps her learn how to navigate society before her real coming out in London. Along the way, Annis meets Lucilla's uncle, Mr. Carleton, who is the rudest man in London. But somehow she still remains intrigued by him.

I don't have a whole lot to say about this one. I liked the plot, I liked the characters and I love reading stories in this time period. The funny thing was, the language in this book was totally different than the language in one of her other books, Cotillion. This book was a bit predictable, but I still loved reading how the story unfolded. I'll definitely keep making my way through the multitude of novels that Heyer has written.

View all my reviews >>

No comments: