Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Review: Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close

Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close by Jonathan Safran Foer



Well I gave this the old 50 page rule (actually I made it to 72) and I am going to put it down. The book is incredibly creative, funny and clever. But I just can't follow, my head is spinning as I try to figure out if Oskar is writing a real letter, or he is reading one, or if he is talking, or someone else is talking. I feel sheepish because this has gotten such high ratings but I guess my brain is just too tired for this one. Just need some more fluff.

View all my reviews >>

1 comment:

Gerbera Daisy Diaries said...

So disappointing.
His wife's book, The History of Love, by Nicole Krauss, is much the same way...but I did finish it and enjoyed it, somewhat.