Monday, April 19, 2010

Review: War of the Worlds by H.G. Wells

The War of the Worlds The War of the Worlds by H.G. Wells



I just can't do it anymore. I've slogged through 120 of the 160 pages of this book and just can't get through the tedium. I give great credit to H.G Wells for the futuristic plot that was groundbreaking at the time of original publication. It was interesting to see how slowly the news of the Martian landing filtered through to all the people. Nowadays this kind of information would be instantaneous. I also think I would have been able to relate a little more to the story if I was more familiar with the London area, Wells makes numerous references to the different areas and villages and I just couldn't relate. A DNF for me, though I am glad I at least tried it to see what it was like.

View all my reviews >>

No comments: