Friday, April 23, 2010

Review: The Sugar Queen by Sarah Addison Allen

The Sugar Queen The Sugar Queen by Sarah Addison Allen


My rating: 5 of 5 stars
Another sweet, snugly book by Sarah Addison Allen. Privileged Josey Cirrini has never really lived life. At twenty-seven years old she is still stuck at home serving her unhappy, demanding mother, trying to make up for wrongs Josey committed in childhood. Her only happiness comes when she is in her secret closet consuming sweets. When Della Lee, a rough but beautiful local waitress shows up to live in her closet, Josey's life is forever changed.

I love the quirky settings that this author creates. This is another small town where unusual things can happen and the people all seem to know each other or think they know each other. Josey has been viewed a certain way all her life as the daughter of Marco Cirrini a "great man" who revitalized the city of Bald Slope. In this book she gets the courage to find out who she really is, get out from under her mother's thumb and maybe even find love.

Again, this isn't earth-shaking literature but just a comfortable book with great characters and a nice ending. An escape book that I loved every minute of.

View all my reviews >>

2 comments:

Tricia said...

I saw this hardcover at Borders for $3.99 yesterday! I was so tempted even though I've already read it. Such a fun book!

Shanda said...

I'm totally going to Borders to get it then! I love to force my books on other people so I need my own.