Sunday, April 25, 2010

Review: Beastly by Alex Flinn

Beastly Beastly by Alex Flinn


My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I thoroughly enjoyed this retelling of the classic story Beauty and the Beast. This version was told from the Beast's point of view and the story takes place in present day New York City.

I liked this author's take on why the prince was turned into the Beast in the first place. It will appeal to anyone who is frustrated when a teacher adjusts grades for the all-star football player or allows a little more leeway in a school's honor code just to make sure the team wins the state championship. The author does a good job of showing the Beast's metamorphosis from spoiled, cruel brat to someone who can see that the value of others actually lies on the inside not the surface.

It will be fun to explore some of the other books this author has written. This is great for an easy, romantic read that and I loved it from beginning to end.

View all my reviews >>

No comments: