Saturday, September 26, 2009

Among the Brave (Shadow Children, Book 5) Among the Brave by Margaret Peterson Haddix


My rating: 4 of 5 stars
In this book, tensions rise as the Government is overthrown by the head of the Population Police, Aldous Krakenaur. People are starving and rioting. They are promised food if they join up with the Population Police to hunt down every single illegal third child who may be in hiding.

This book focuses on Trey; a timid third child who had never been outside of his bedroom before coming to the Hendricks school. His mettle is tested as he finds himself in situations unimaginable. He rescues Luke, Nina, Mr. Talbot and others and finds out that he is strong and the revolution has changed him.

I liked this fourth book in the Shadow Children series. I like that we seem to be getting closer to the end; to when all third children can be free. I was grateful not to live in this unstable world where food is scarce and a seemingly insane dictator has taken charge. Again, I enjoyed seeing one of the children "grow up" or have to anyway. Trey found his strength within that allowed him to help others at any cost.

Liked it, but I think I might be ready for a break from the series for now.

View all my reviews >>

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Shanda - welcome to my Blogsplash! I'm updating http://www.fionarobyn.com/friendsofthaw.htm today, and if you could send me a quick email (fiona(at)fionarobyn.com) that'd be great - I'm planning on emailing everyone nearer the time. Thank you!