Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Review: If I Stay by Gayle Forman

If I Stay (If I Stay, #1)If I Stay by Gayle Forman

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


Mia is a girl with a choice. After being seriously injured in a car accident she is in a coma, but she is actually still hanging around outside her body. She feels somehow that she has the choice to die or to come back into her injured body. As she reflects on her decision, she looks back at her life with her family, friends and boyfriend.

I don't know exactly how to feel about this. I give the author high marks for writing about an interesting concept and I liked that I couldn't tell what was going to happen until the last page. I loved Mia's family - I enjoyed their banter and love for each other. It was also neat that the setting is in Portland, OR and I have been to the same places that Mia has! My main issue was with Mia sleeping with her boyfriend and him often spending the night and her parents being totally fine with it. I know this happens in real life but I just don't want to think about it.



View all my reviews

No comments: