Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Review: The Year of Fog by Michelle Richmond

The Year of Fog The Year of Fog by Michelle Richmond


My rating: 3 of 5 stars
This is the story of Abby, who looks away for a moment and loses her fiancé's daughter. To the sea? To a kidnapper? The rest of the book unfolds as Abby tries to make sense of the loss and struggles forward with an intense drive to find Emma if at all possible.

I don't know exactly how I feel about this book. On the one hand, I felt it was agonizingly sloooow, when I just wanted to know what the heck happened to Emma. On the other hand, maybe this is true to life, because if I lost one of my children, I imagine it would be difficult every day to live with the unknown, the guilt and the remorse and days would go by maddeningly slow as I tried to keep moving forward.

As much as it seemed slow in some spots, the book still held my attention and I wanted to finish and find out what was going to happen. I had to restrain myself from looking at the back few pages to see what was going to happen.


View all my reviews >>

No comments: